1. Maintains designated workstation ensuring that recipes, flavor profiles, consistency in quality, appearance; ensures production time frames are adhered to for all menu/food items being produced on assigned station; ensures workstations are fully stocked for forecasted business flow and restock before end of shift.
2. Possess adequate knowledge of basic food products (meat, poultry, fish, produce, dry goods, etc.) and standard food production equipment; possess adequate knife skills and ability to sufficiently perform all basic cooking method, as well as the ability to multitask within those basic cooking methods to ensure no interruption in servicing of the guests.
3. Possesses adequate understanding the food rotation method “FIFO”; directly responsible for labeling and dating all food items on their designated station as well as the kitchen as a whole; ensures all food items are within expiration dates or if not, that they are disposed of and properly logged on waste sheets.
4. Possesses the ability to read food order tickets and identify menu items and substitution/special requests in a timely and clear manner as well as communicate those requests clearly to fellow team members.
5. Directs Cook Helpers to accomplish kitchen/workstation needs, in a positive supportive and educational/ team-oriented manner; assists with training other team members on workstations.
6. Maintains acceptable attendance record and arrives at workstation at scheduled time, in proper uniform and ready to work.
7. Reports any injuries, accidents or possible unsafe work environment or health code issues to management immediately upon identification at all times.
Performs any job responsibilities and or tasks deemed necessary by Culinary Management within the scope of this position and business needs of the department.