A driver helper works with drivers to deliver products or equipment to customers and clients. Driver helpers are responsible for all tasks with the exception of driving, such as loading and unloading the truck, interacting with customers, and filling out paperwork to record deliveries. This is a full-time position and may require overtime as well. This is a fast-paced, outdoor position that requires the ability to continually lift items and carry packages that can weigh as much as 70 pounds. Early starts and late finishes are common with this job, and people in this role often work weekends and holidays to cover busy periods. Applicants for this role should have excellent physical fitness, great customer service skills, and the ability to multitask and adhere to tight deadlines.
Pay Rate: $12.50/ $13.25 hourly
Driver Helper Responsibilities:
– If there are any issues with a delivery or problems with a deadline, it’s a driver helper’s responsibility to report it to a supervisor or senior staff member and help resolve the problem if possible. They work with the driver to fill logs and reports of each delivery for an accurate record of what has been completed.
– Loading and unloading company products
– Assisting drivers to find delivery address
– Driver helpers communicate with customers and clients to ensure they’re happy with the service they received.
Driver Helper Skills:
– High school diploma or GED
– The ability to work flexible hours
– The ability to lift heavy objects
– Excellent communication skills
– Provide good customer service when delivering products