Job Skills and Requirements:
This position is primarily responsible for the daily set-up and operation of hydraulic CNC controlled Punch Press in a precision sheet metal fabrication shop. He/she may be required to assist other employees as a helper on key work or machines as required by the work schedule. Shift 8:00 Am – 4:30 Pm
Pay Rate: $15.00ph
Job Type: Full-time 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Apply at: 8041 Florence Ave. suite 102. Downey Ca 90240
Essential Job Requirements:
· High school diploma or GED is required.
· 2+ years of experience operating and programming the CNC Turret Punches (CNC Amada Turret Punch)
· Solid background working with sheet metal
· Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance
· Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills
· Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel and Stainless Steel
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
· Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way
· Candidate has to be a strong team player.
· Candidate has to be reliable.
· Ability to move up to 60 pounds
· Utilize previously prepared programs and assigned tooling to complete each job.
Ability to clock into and out of each job and computer terminals throughout shop.
Ability to read work order instructions and carry out directions as necessary.
Set each job up based on program instructions, work order instructions and job prints.
Pull tooling and prepare setup for next jobs while another job is running on the machine.
Work in an efficient and timely manner, multitasking where necessary.
Communicate with programming and issues or additional requirements needed.
Request tooling where necessary from purchasing.
Keep work area, including top of machines and floor clean at all times.
Remove parts from punched blanks when required.
Notify Supervisor of any problems or malfunctions of machine.
Where possible, schedule machine to run while operator is on breaks.
Work with Material Handler to make sure material for each job is on schedule and in the proper location.
Identify areas for process improvement, cost and waste reduction.
Ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision while meeting all product quality required.
Turret Press Operation: 2 years (Required)
High school or equivalent (Required)