Job duties – Delivery Assistant or Warehouse Associate.
1. You will be paired with a driver helping with the unloading, loading, and assembling of house and office furniture.
2. You will be expected to lift, carry, and push up to 60 lbs. depending on the piece.
3. Larger pieces (like couches, mattresses and tables) will require you and the driver to work together.
4. You will also be required to be “the spotter” assisting the driver when parking to make sure no damage is done when backing up the truck – instructions for hand signals are posted on the dash of the truck and you are expected to understand them and ask questions of your driver if you have any.
5. Driver will instruct and guide you through the assembling of the furniture – ask questions if not sure.
6. Delivery Assistants must be awake, alert and assist the driver with directions, etc.
7. Warehouse work will be determined upon your arrival – be prepared to work safely and with a sense of urgency.
8. Please ask as many questions of the Supervisor or Manager as necessary to ensure you understand what is expected when a task is assigned.
1. Due to the nature of the business, you cannotsmoke in/near the job sites and delivery trucks. Smoke breaks will be given during your regular breaks and lunches while out on the trucks.
2. You are provided (2) 15 minute paid breaks. The first after the first 2 hours of work, then (1) non-paid Lunch break of 30 minutes at least 2 hours after the first break, and then the second 15 minute break at least 2 hours after the non-paid lunch. For Delivery Assistants, breaks are taken based on the delivery routes assigned stops, travel times to and from each stop, time windows for each stop and the location of the route in the district delivery area.
3. Paid breaks for Warehouse Associates should be taken in the Break Room. You are not to leave the warehouse during this time, however you may leave the warehouse during your 30 minute non-paid lunch break.
4. There is a designated Smoking Area near the first dumpster in front of the Warehouse – please do not smoke in front of the Clearance Center – which is open to the public.
5. As a Delivery Assistant you will be in people’s homesand workplace. You must act professionallyat all times in front of the customers!
6. Given the deliveries the job can last 8 or more hours (OT/DT). You must be able to work a full shift.
7. No foul language is to be used while working any position.
Hours and Shift
Hours: 7:00AM & 4:00PM Plus OT required
Jobsource Carmen/Kaley 8041 Florence Ave Suite 102 Downey Ca 90240 Applications from Monday- Friday 8:00am-3:30pm