Hours and Shift
Schedule: M-F 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
$15-17.00 Based on experience
The billing clerk is responsible for chassis yard billing, assisting the dispatchers and the dispatch department with all aspects of billing. In addition to billing the Clerk will help other departments as needed with miscellaneous duties.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Receiving Freight Bills from dispatchers
2. Organizing Freight bills in numerical order
3. Tearing down freight bills: Making sure both the load out and empty are on file, as well as empty out and load in.
4. Ensuring that chassis dates are input in the system correctly and ensuring that all charges are accounted for.
5. Analyze and verify that all paperwork is accurate and scanned into the system, ensure that freight bill and pier interchanges are attached.
6. Billing Procedures include posting the charges into the system and informing the customer while having proper documentation on file for reference. (Final billing and closing of shipment files)
7. File invoices as completed in numerical order
8. Verify all examination documents are intact and updated correctly in tracking system before final billing and closing of file.
9. Process Chassis Yard Billing
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work Overtime Occasionally during the workweek as needed, and on the weekend
1. High School (or GDE) and college degree preferred
2. Good Data Entry Skills
3. Good oral, written, and communication skills
4. Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
5. Must be able to multitask, be well organized, and be detail oriented.
6. Must have Previous Clerk Experience
7. Excellent Customer Service Skills
1. Incumbents require enough mobility to perform moderate or light lifting between 5-20 lbs.
2. Walk, stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
3. Operate office equipment including use of a computer keyboard. Ability to verbally communicate to exchange information; and operate office equipment.
Call us at 310-324-2223 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm to schedule you for an application!